Need to follow below steps for Grails environment setup
- Install JDK1.5 or higher from oracle
- Point the JAVA_HOME environment variable at your JDK installation.
- Download the latest release of Grails from http://grails.org/Download.
- Unzip Grails
- Create a GRAILS_HOME environment variable
- Add GRAILS_HOME/bin to the PATH
The Grails Directory Structure
The Grails project structure (shown in Figure 3 below) relies heavily on convention and establishes a sensible organizational structure for an application’s various artifacts.